Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Now Available in Paperback!

I told M. Dickey Drysdale, editor of the Randolph Herald, that this book would be released on July 15, and here it is. As of this morning, you can order the print edition online (click here; $15 plus shipping). The Kindle edition will be available later this month (I will announce it here), followed by editions for other e-readers. This way of publishing is sometimes nuts (I haven't slept for a few days), but honestly, the indie thing suits me. I have full control over the artistic product, for better or worse. I get to make ALL the decisions, business or otherwise. I'm not really a control freak, I'm just . . . impatient. Traditional publishing takes forever. Authors do most of the work and get paid peanuts. By publishing my own work, I get to keep most of the profits (up to 70 percent of the royalties). That enables me to sell the Kindle edition and other ebooks for a fraction of what you would pay a traditional publisher. This book will be priced for Kindle at $2.99, like Our House in Arusha, its predecessor. It will also be available, for a similar price, for the Nook and other e-readers. But many book lovers want to hold a real book in their hands, so I feel it's important to have a paperback edition. Plus, it can be easily shared, or given as a gift. To order the print edition of An Irruption of Owls, or to find out more about the book, click here. (The link takes you to my CreateSpace e-store.) Within a few days, the book will appear on Amazon, too, where you can post a review. I hope you will enjoy the book, tell people about it, and share your paperback edition with friends—or donate it to the hospital thrift shop. It wants to be out in the world.

No comments: