Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I Occupied a Toilet Stall Next to This Famous Person!


My Celebrity Quiz

Whether you are opening a nail salon or running for public office, it helps to have famous friends. I have 10. See if you can guess who they are. (Answers will be published in this space on Friday, September 2, 2016.)

  1. Character actress who read a poem at my wedding.

  2. Queen Latifah
    Maggie Smith
    Ellen Degeneres
    Margo Martindale

  3. Character actor who introduced me to his exterminator.

  4. Danny Devito
    Steve Buscemi
    Gary Oldman
    Ethan Phillips

  5. Novelist with whom I shared a croissant.

  6. Agatha Christie
    Philip Roth
    Brett Easton Ellis
    Julia Glass

  7. Magazine editor who handed me a paper towel in the ladies room.

  8. Anna Wintour
    Oprah Winfrey
    Diana Vreeland
    Helen Gurley Brown

  9. Publishing magnate who made me sit in the hallway.

  10. Rupert Murdoch
    Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr.
    Martha Stewart
    Sun Myung Moon

  11. Classical composer who had the same piano teacher as me.

  12. Stephen Sondheim
    Leonard Bernstein
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Nico Muhly

  13. Singer who thanked me for picking up litter.

  14. Luciano Pavarotti
    Beverly Sills
    Tina Turner
    Bette Midler

  15. U.S. Senator who shook my hand at the senior center.

  16. Hillary Rodham Clinton
    Donald Trump
    Bernie Sanders
    Francois Hollande

  17. Editor who sent me to Moscow in February to buy aspirin.

  18. Kurt Andersen of Spy magazine
    Graydon Carter of Vanity Fair
    William Shawn of the New Yorker
    Klara Glowczeska of Condé Nast Traveler

  19. Oscar winner who invited me to his room at the Park Lane hotel.

  20. Al Pacino
    Robert DeNiro
    Jon Voight
    Fred Astaire

No comments: